‘Do as I say, not as I do.’ - COVID inspector refuses to show vaccination card.

Joshua Farrell

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. — A city health inspector conducting a routine COVID-19 check on Tuesday at Big Nose Kate’s refused to show her vaccination card to the South Shore restaurant staff.

In turn, Big Nose Kate’s manager Maggie Koronilian declined her entry to the Charleston saloon.

Koronilian said, “If I have to enforce these stupid mandates on my customers, then it’s going to get enforced on agencies that come in here to check these things. It’s my rule. I want everybody that walks in here — regardless if they’re staying or not — to show a vaccination card.”
Read More: www.silive.com/dining/2021/12/it-was-a-case-of-do-as-i-say-not-as-i-do-nyc-covid-inspector-refuses-to-show-vaccination-card-to-south-shore-restaurant-manager.html

NYC requires a number of businesses to have their employees to be vaccinated, and that those businesses are also required to check the status of the patrons/customers that come in for their services. Basic gist of the story, the health inspector from the city came to the business, and either refused to show proof of vaccination, or forgot to bring the card with him; hoping that the business would not ask for the card showing proof.

I know these laws and city statutes are annoying to deal with, but generally they should be followed as well as can be expected. And as I had been taught, if you don't agree with a law, do your best to get rid of the law by following all legally allowed means to do so; and don't just flat out refuse to cooperate, as that itself can open a big can of worms, when in situations that you can't back out of.

I did read this, too many people with opinions these days, get in line and do what needs to be done. UNLESS you have some health concern to not take it.

Back