Ebook Vs PaperBack

Altair

Staff member
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
eBooks are digital books that can be read on electronic devices such as smartphones, tablets, and e-readers. They offer several advantages, such as being lightweight, easily portable, and having the ability to store a large number of books in one device.

Paperbacks, or physical books, are traditional books made of paper. They offer a more tactile reading experience and are often preferred by those who enjoy the feel of a book in their hands.
---
Which do you prefer to read, a traditional book or an ebook?

I use digital to survive the day and age they get lost, mismanaged, or destroyed. They tend to be cheaper and it's way faster when going to certain pages. That being said it might not be in color. Most don't need color luckily.

I prefer traditional books because I don't need to use an eReader or tablet to read them, and I can read them from the library even without an internet connection, or library card if I don't borrow them to take home to read.

eBooks are digital books that can be read on electronic devices such as smartphones, tablets, and e-readers. They offer several advantages, such as being lightweight, easily portable, and having the ability to store a large number of books in one device.

Paperbacks, or physical books, are traditional books made of paper. They offer a more tactile reading experience and are often preferred by those who enjoy the feel of a book in their hands.
---
Which do you prefer to read, a traditional book or an ebook?

I prefer physical books because I like the smell of books.....it is the smell of happiness (for me, at least). That's something I can't get from an e-book, regardless of what device you're reading it on. However, I do have a Kindle that has some e-books on it. If I'm ever traveling somewhere, I'll take that Kindle with me (and I have to remember to take the charging cable with me as well) because it allows me to carry with me several dozen books in my carry on bag without it taking up hardly any room. So there is the matter of convenience when it comes to having some e-books on my Kindle.

While I haven’t tried e-books, I go by how I like to read. I prefer physical copies. Whether that is a book, newspaper, magazine, etc. E-books can be great for when you are on vacation & want to pack light.

I prefer traditional books because I don't need to use an eReader or tablet to read them, and I can read them from the library even without an internet connection, or library card if I don't borrow them to take home to read.

I am always on the move, so getting eBooks are better for me. I wouldn't want to be carrying books around when I am making such trips.

I am always on the move, so getting eBooks are better for me. I wouldn't want to be carrying books around when I am making such trips.

I remember carrying a lot of textbooks in school, and it can cause back pain after carrying them for too long in my school bag.

I feel eBooks would of help with kid's back pain from carrying too many large text books and binders.

I remember carrying a lot of textbooks in school, and it can cause back pain after carrying them for too long in my school bag.

I feel eBooks would of help with kid's back pain from carrying too many large text books and binders.

The backpain was something that I suffered for so long. I wouldn't want to experience such in this time and age.

The backpain was something that I suffered for so long. I wouldn't want to experience such in this time and age.

Yeah, this is something that I don't get. They make kids now do their work on a computer so everyone has to have the internet now. If that's they case, why can't they get their text books on a tablet of some kind now?

I would love to get a physical edition. However, it can be a bit expensive.
So, these days I often opt for ebooks.

Back