Listening to audiobooks?

WitchAssassin

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Username Style
Unlock full profile styling
Should listening to audiobooks count as your daily reading? Why or why not?

If you have a goal at the beginning of the year to read a certain amount of book over the course of the year, should listening to an audiobook count towards that?

I think audiobooks can be consider reading if the listener can imagine the words in their mind while listening to an audiobook.

There are some audiobooks with subtitles. If you read the subtitles while listening, it will be consider reading.

No. The act of reading is about the intent to remember or reuse things. It's like a lecture without a demonstration. You aren't actively engaging in the processing of the information.

I think audiobooks can be consider reading if the listener can imagine the words in their mind while listening to an audiobook.

There are some audiobooks with subtitles. If you read the subtitles while listening, it will be consider reading.
I agree with this. A audiobook can be considered reading
If a person is actively engaged in the audio book, like when they are reading, then it is considered reading.
If they doze off many times, then they are not actually listening to the book and therefore they are not considered reading .
--
I can't listen to audiobooks. I will doze off so many times. I prefer to just read the book.

Back