Music For Books

Altair

Staff member
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Here are some genres of music that can be used as background music while reading a book:

1. Ambient music: slow-paced and atmospheric, this genre can help create a relaxing and peaceful environment for reading.
  2. Classical music is a genre that has been around for a long time, and it can set an elegant and sophisticated mood for reading.
  3. Instrumental music: Music without vocals can be less distracting and allow the reader to focus on the book.
  4. World music: This genre includes a wide variety of musical styles from different cultures and can be a great choice for those looking for unique and exotic sounds.
  5. Nature sounds: Sounds of the natural world, such as the ocean, rain, or birds, can be very soothing and create a calm and peaceful atmosphere.

Do you listen to music when reading a book? If so, what genre of music do you listen to?
What would you recommend as a good soundtrack to go with the book?

I find music distracting when reading. Ruins the feel of the book if it was just for entertainment, having to change the music when the mood changes as well, and by then you lose your spot.

This is the kind of music I would listen to if I'm going to have music playing in the background.

I’ve never been one to have the music on, even instrumental or nature sounds. When I read, I like focusing on what I’m reading. Similiarly, when I’m listening to music, I like to focus on what I’m hearing.

I generally do not have music on when reading a book unless there is a more distracting noise like people talking loudly where I am reading. I feel listening to instrumental music is best for reading or covering out a distracting noise while reading.

Back