Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Ahead of a critical global climate conference in November, a UN report released Wednesday shows that many of the world's largest fossil fuel producers are still planning to ramp up production in the coming years, and will be burning far more fossil fuels in 2030 than what is consistent with global climate pledges.

The UN Environment Program analysis shows that 15 major fossil fuel-generating countries will produce roughly 110% more coal, oil, and gas in 2030 than what would be necessary to limit warming to 1.5 degrees Celsius above pre-industrial levels, and 45% more than what would be consistent with 2 degrees.

Scientists have said limiting warming to those thresholds is critical to avoid the worst consequences of the climate crisis.

Thoughts on this instead of turning to cleaner energy sources?

A lot of people continue to own gas powered trucks, suvs, cars, boats, and air planes, and gas powered appliances like gas powered electric generators and gas powered lawn mowers, so there will be a lot of gas companies which will make gas for buyers to meet the demand for gas.

Unfortunately, I feel it may take many more years until cleaner energy is more popular around the world because a lot of people like the convenience of filling a gas tank with gas in a few minutes, and can't afford a electric car which they want to buy, and they may not be willing to buy a cheaper electric car like a Renault Twizy which they can afford to buy because it can't go as far as their gas car without charging, and they don't have features like more seats, air conditioning, and more storage space like their gas car.

A lot of people and the government like the army and navy may not be willing to give up their powerful gas vehicles like trucks, and air planes which use a lot of gas, so gas companies will need to make more gas to meet the demand for gas, so there is not a gas shortages which can be worst for the local environment if there are a lot of vehicles driving around searching for a gas station with gas, and having car engines turned on while lining up for their turn to pump gas.

Hopefully, people also find ways to reduce their use of gas and non-clean energy until there is more greener source of energy in most places.

With the way fuel causes environmental toxic, the government sees a way to reduce its harm by instructing the producers of the fosil fuel to slow down it's activities due to the environmental harm. Greener energy or sources it's the best to keep the environment clean and not polluted.

The problem isn't with the consumer here, the problem is with the corporations giving us no choice. If we all stopped driving our gas powered vehicles and mowing our lawn with gas powered lawnmowers, it would not make a significant difference. The largest polluters in the world are corporations, we are a small part of it. Their propaganda is so ingrained into our society that we believe it's our fault (the individual) and that buying an electric car will help the problem.

Corporations and Government need to get off their asses and fix this issue, and quit finding ways to blame the consumers.

The problem isn't with the consumer here, the problem is with the corporations giving us no choice. If we all stopped driving our gas powered vehicles and mowing our lawn with gas powered lawnmowers, it would not make a significant difference. The largest polluters in the world are corporations, we are a small part of it. Their propaganda is so ingrained into our society that we believe it's our fault (the individual) and that buying an electric car will help the problem.

Corporations and Government need to get off their asses and fix this issue, and quit finding ways to blame the consumers.

Well, as someone who has used both, gas is the stronger option....

Well, as someone who has used both, gas is the stronger option....
Oh I don't doubt that. More investment needs to be had for cleaner energy sources. That again falls into the hands of corporations/government.

Besides the fact that it went from Global Warming to Climate Change and that we just don't have the grid or the production for it. No charging outlets in the sticks, no resources for everyone to afford new vehicles, no chips until further notice on those things. Where's all this innovation in technology, primarily in energy? Solar power leaves radiation behind. Wind power isn't worth the mills that were spent on them. I've never seen such an issue about this unless controlling the weather is a hot-button topic. Where's the concern I should be feeling?

Besides the fact that it went from Global Warming to Climate Change and that we just don't have the grid or the production for it. No charging outlets in the sticks, no resources for everyone to afford new vehicles, no chips until further notice on those things. Where's all this innovation in technology, primarily in energy? Solar power leaves radiation behind. Wind power isn't worth the mills that were spent on them. I've never seen such an issue about this unless controlling the weather is a hot-button topic. Where's the concern I should be feeling?

felt the concern when we just had a 50 degree Christmas day in my area ^^;

Back