Staff member
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
Steal Penalty
Steal Penalty
Steal Penalty
Steal Penalty
This is a ranking of all twelve months in terms of Xbox Game Pass additions. The list will be updated monthly with the latest month of additons.

January 2023
January was a slow start to the year, but it picked up with two Persona games and a Monster Hunter game being added close to each other. This already made the month super interesting, but they also added three first party games to the service. This made the month full of great games to play, and was a great way to start off the year!

Highlights:
Hi-Fi Rush
Age Of Empires 2: Definitive Edition
Monster Hunter Rise
Persona 4: Golden
Persona 3: Portable

April 2023
April was a worthwhile month. The first two weeks had plenty of interesting indie games like Loop Hero and Iron Brigade. Ghostwire Tokyo was a surprisingly fun game that really gave the month something interesting to play. The big addition, Minecraft Legends, was a little uninteresting to me, but it was certainly not all that bad. The final two weeks were an indie feast, Coffee Talk 2, Homestead Araca, BlazBlue, and Benedict Fox all came to Game Pass. Overall, this was a solid month that gave me plenty to play!

Highlights:
Minecraft Legends
Ghostwire Tokyo
The Last Case of Benedict Fox
Homestead Arcana
Coffee Talk Episode 2: Hibiscus & Butterfly

March 2023
While March did only have eight additions, there were enough exciting games here to make it bearable. The month started with Wo Long, a fantastic addition that really gave my backlog a panic. The next few weeks always had something big to play, Guilty Gear -Strive-, Valheim, and Ni No Kuni 2. The month ended with MLB The Show 23 and Infinite Guitars.

Highlights:
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty
MLB The Show 23
Valheim (Game Preview)
Guilty Gear -Strive-
Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom - The Prince’s Edition

February 2023
This was a very forgettable month in terms of exciting additions and nothing other than Atomic Heart and Soul Hackers 2 really gave the service some surprise. While there are some good games like Shadow Warrior 3 and Hot Wheels Unleashed, I just don't think this month holds up all that well.

Highlights:
Atomic Heart
Soul Hackers 2
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
Cities: Skylines – Remastered
Hot Wheels Unleashed – Game of the Year Edition

May 2023
May was more of an indie month than anything really. Redfall was the only AAA addition, and regardless of its quality, it really didn't hold out the month. There were plenty of enjoyable indies, but they didn't really give me much else to play. May just doesn't have the sights and sounds of the other months.

Highlights:
Cassette Beasts
Planet of Lana
Fuga 2: Melodies of Steel
Ravenlok
Eastern Exorcist

Back