Staff member
Awards
Credits
Amazon $20 Gift Card
Amazon $20 Gift Card
Amazon $20 Gift Card
Amazon $20 Gift Card
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWYCgCsMvXg

If you don't know what this is you should by now. Basically it's a sort of hack that makes Brawl play like Melee. You can switch between the two by taking the SD card w/PM in or out of the Wii. As you can see, there is new stuff on this Project M. I tried it and it works. Just go to Stage Builder and wait for PM to load. My only problem is that I can't get over the fact that Olimar (the best Brawler ever) is not on here.

(Never mind. Olimar is added. Yes!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Omg it's everything Brawl should have been. *Eyes glimmer* Though it sounds like like it would be hard to get. :( Still though it looks amazing.

Dude, this is awesome? I never played much Brawl- I could never find a controller that felt right for me with it. The Wiimote and nunchuck was weird, and wasn't thrilled with the classic and the pro controller always felt wrong. On top of that, the game felt sluggish and less fluid then Melee did, and I played the HECK out of Melee. I've been told some of that's from the tripping mechanic they added; was that removed for the mod? Did anyone else feel similarly to Brawl? Melee always felt like it controlled way better, at least to me :/

Dude, this is awesome? I never played much Brawl- I could never find a controller that felt right for me with it. The Wiimote and nunchuck was weird, and wasn't thrilled with the classic and the pro controller always felt wrong. On top of that, the game felt sluggish and less fluid then Melee did, and I played the HECK out of Melee. I've been told some of that's from the tripping mechanic they added; was that removed for the mod? Did anyone else feel similarly to Brawl? Melee always felt like it controlled way better, at least to me :/

I think that's what they did. I'm downloading it now, but I remember quickly glancing at another site saying that they "fixed Nintendo's mistakes."

and I snagged this from their site:

Project M hopes to achieve a game similar to Super Smash Bros. Melee in many respects. It does not, however, intend to be a 1:1 Melee clone. The following is a list of the main aspects of Super Smash Bros. Melee that inspired and have carried over into Project M:

1. A fast-paced game

2. with flowing, natural movement

3. where the player has a great degree of control over his character due to the technical skill that he's achieved.

4. The balance of offense and defense changes depending on the exact matchup and playstyle, but overall tends to favor offense slightly.

5. Offstage edgeguarding is risky but rewarding, while on-stage edgeguarding is safer but less rewarding.

6. Recoveries generally require great skill to use, with the advantage usually being with the edgeguarding player, with some exceptions.

7. The combos are challenging and spontaneous, with anything longer than 2-3 hits requiring a knowledge of both characters' options and some degree of prediction and/or a deep understanding of the mental aspect of the game.

In short, Project M aims to capture the essence of what made Melee a truly great game in our eyes.

And I am more than definitely going to try this.

Melee is a far more superior game than Brawl. The tripping costed me a few games at some points.

Do I have to do anything to my Wii before this works? I don't want to break it.

Melee is a far more superior game than Brawl. The tripping costed me a few games at some points.

Do I have to do anything to my Wii before this works? I don't want to break it.

There's no tripping and you don't have to do anything to the Wii before it works. But why someone else on this forum didn't say anything on this forum about it is beyond me (*cough* *cough* Wario Smash Bros. 4 moveset *cough*)

*Gasp.* Will it work on my Wii U since I have like nothing saved Brawl wise on it?

I couldn't stand Brawl from what little I played of it. I preferred the controls from the first SSB best but Melee's weren't too bad, just took some getting used to due to what I felt were pointless changes. but, yeah, I agree with your feelings on Brawl.

*Gasp.* Will it work on my Wii U since I have like nothing saved Brawl wise on it?

It's supposed to.

it isn't working for me, so I'm troubleshooting. Might need to make a complete wipe on the card...

It's supposed to.

it isn't working for me, so I'm troubleshooting. Might need to make a complete wipe on the card...

Well I already deleted all my stages... Not that I ever use them. I still have an hour until the download finishes.

It does work on the Wii U. We found instructions on how to do it, and it's pretty easy. Just put Project M on a SD card and pop it in after starting the game through the Wii menu. Worked great, and played MUCH MORE BETTERS then original Brawl! We had a blast with it! Feels much more like Melee to me.

I still don't get why everybody likes Melee more, but it's still in my top 25, not above the original. So I'd install this just for the heck of it.

It does work on the Wii U. We found instructions on how to do it, and it's pretty easy. Just put Project M on a SD card and pop it in after starting the game through the Wii menu. Worked great, and played MUCH MORE BETTERS then original Brawl! We had a blast with it! Feels much more like Melee to me.

What all do you need? I have every files on my SD card, but it won't work. Plus I have all my stages deleted.

The files I are

Private folder

Promectm folder

background png image

boot.elf

gameconfig text document

codes folder

Do I need anything else?

What all do you need? I have every files on my SD card, but it won't work. Plus I have all my stages deleted.

The files I are

Private folder

Promectm folder

background png image

boot.elf

gameconfig text document

codes folder

Do I need anything else?

I'm not sure, my husband did it all. I know the first SD card he used was too big and it wouldn't work. It apparently needs to be no larger then 2GB for some reason. I wish I could be more helpful! :(

Oh. I'm using an 8 GB... I don't think that should actually matter though. I don't own anything smaller. :(

Oh. I'm using an 8 GB... I don't think that should actually matter though. I don't own anything smaller. :(

We were using like a 16 or something, and it didn't work. He went and put it on a 2GB SD card instead, and without changing anything else, it worked fine. I believe it said something in the instructions about it, but I just don't know since he did it. I know he had to change the SD card out for a smaller one instead though! I'd do a bit more research on it though before going out and buying a card though. He does IT work and such, so we have TONS of drives, and cards, and whatnots laying about.

I'm going to be an oddball here when I say I actually enjoyed Brawl. Melee was fun too, but still, Brawl is a decent game.

We were using like a 16 or something, and it didn't work. He went and put it on a 2GB SD card instead, and without changing anything else, it worked fine. I believe it said something in the instructions about it, but I just don't know since he did it. I know he had to change the SD card out for a smaller one instead though! I'd do a bit more research on it though before going out and buying a card though. He does IT work and such, so we have TONS of drives, and cards, and whatnots laying about.

I don't have a 2GB. T_T I'll have to buy one? Some day... far away...

I'm going to be an oddball here when I say I actually enjoyed Brawl. Melee was fun too, but still, Brawl is a decent game.

Yeah, but Brawl had really bad controls and the jump was too floaty. In Melee, it has real physics where you actually fall. Plus there's no tripping because Wolf said it best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS4jCSiQrPA

One thing I'll never fully understand is why spend so much effort turning one game into another? If you want to play melee, howabout you just play melee? Are the new characters and stages really all that important?

First of all I hated the final smashes. Second of all Melee is arguably the best in the series. The characters are more detailed than Melee and Meta Knight isn't a spammer anymore. The only reason I'd play Melee if I ever wanted to play as Jigglypuff again. It's not that he's not there it's just that my game disc can't be read when I play as Jigglypuff or R.O.B. If you want Roy versus Meta Knight then you would like it. Sure it seems like a waste of time changing the game but it's a similar case w/M3. Wouldn't you want to play a game and enjoy it for the reason it's a great game.

Back